Friday, May 1, 2015

Merry Beltane / Happy May Day

At church this evening we celebrated Beltane. We opened up the celebration to the public and members of the church. We were very pleased to see several individuals and families show up. I was happy to explain my views of Beltane and how I simply celebrate this halfway point between Spring and Summer. The aspect of blooming flowers, growth, fertility, and letting go of negative thoughts and energy was emphasized. I placed some dried flowers and herbs from my collection to the fire as I am collecting fresh herbs to dry. These dried plants were hanging on my front porch. By burning them I felt release of all the challenges that I have faced in the past year or at least in the past season. Participants were encouraged to write what they wished to "let go of" on a piece of paper and place it in the fire if they so wished.






1 comment:

  1. How lovely. For us it has been a weekend full of Beltane activities so far, and we are celebrating with our children tomorrow afternoon. Blessings on your Journey )O(

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...